Saturday, August 23, 2008

Work and a New Book!

Boy I have lots of stuff to write about today, but I will post it in two posts to make it easier to read.
First off, I will be converting from Integrity to Amazon.com on August 31st! The floor supervisor was not happy that I hadn't gotten a phone call for an interview yet. He really got onto the Integrity lady about that, because I had told him that I may have to quit to find another job if I wasn't able to get full time really soon. Integrity Lady jumped through hoops to get me an unscheduled drug test and totally bypassed my interview lol. I will be going, I think Wednesday, to a meeting where I will hear all about the company and their policies and insurance and such. It will be an 8 hour meeting. He told Integrity lady that I will be working the Wed thru Sat shift. I told him I would be interested in the M,Tues,Thurs, Fri shift also, but he said no, he wanted me on his shift lol. So at least I know I am wanted!
Ok I am reading a really good book that everyone needs to read, called The Edge Effect, by Eric R. Braverman, MD. He talks about the four primary chemical neurotransmitters and how they can cause so many physical and mental problems. We all are dominant in one of the chemicals, and some of us are dramatically deficient in others. Thankfully I seem to be ok. I am GABA dominant and slightly dopamine deficient. The book sends you through a whole bunch of questions and you answer yes or no, and you can tell from that what you are. Then there are chapters to help you learn how to combat your deficiencies and learn about your dominant chemical. Its really interesting! He talks about how doctors are giving patients the wrong meds because what is really wrong is their deficiency, and not any one problem. A patient will go in to the doctor for one problem, so the doc gives them meds for it, then a month later, that problem goes away and another one comes up. It keeps happening until the patient is a big mess. He gives numerous examples how he dealt with their chemical deficiency and the patient was able to get back to normal. He also gives you a web site that allows you to check your brain speed (mine is 36 milliseconds). http://bfc.positscience.com/eval/bst.php

Ok I don't want to ruin the book! Again, its called The Edge Effect, by Eric R. Braverman, MD.

No comments:

 
Free Advertising